This year's Y8 Residential trip during Enrichment week (9-13 July 2018) will be to France. The visit will be in hotel accommodation, and will include:
- the Sealife Centre, Boulogne-sur-Mer;
- a day in Rouen exploring the old city and learning about Joan of Arc/the black death;
- exploring the forest of Cantelou followed by an evening of bowling;
- a visit to the ancient town of Honfleur (shops, ice-cream, harbour), famously associated with the impressionist art movement;
- visiting the Bayeux Tapestry and the Arromanches D-Day landing beaches, inc. a 360 degree cinema experience;
- a whole day at DisneyLand Paris, inc. Disney Studios; and
- Visiting Canadian territory at the world famous Vimey Ridge WW1 memorial monument.
An incredible and jam-packed cultural experience not to be missed!
Full details can be found below: